5 Tips For Increasing Social Impact With Social Media – See more at: http://blog.techimpact.org/5-tips-increasing-social-impact-social-media/#sthash.DqjsdjBO.YGNL8iue.dpuf
Posted: November 11, 2013
Image courtesy of bfarch.tistory.com.
Create “sticky” content
Content marketing allows your charity or nonprofit to tell a story about what you do, how you’re doing it, why people get involved, and provide tips for those looking to promote goodness–which is what The Guardian refers to as “sticky content”. This type of content hits a multitude of keywords and increases engagement via social media through retweets, shares, likes, and link clicks.
Petition + Twitter = Twitition
Petitions are a viral way to spread the word about your cause and take seconds to sign! Tweet out a link to your next petition to demonstrate how many people support your cause and want to make a difference. If you integrate your nonprofit’s Twitter account to your constituent relationship management system (CRM), you could create and track the campaign while building a list of potential supporters.
Start a Facebook Community Page
Facebook Community Pages are great for your next cause or project. They allow supporters to share their efforts toward your project or cause, as well as your organization’s steps towards a better world. This is also a good way to attract new supporters and volunteers to your nonprofit.
Grow your network
Follow others, share similar content, and contribute to conversations. Remember, you are growing a community, and a community provides support.
Find the social influencers
Influencers are those who consistently share information on a specific topic, are followed by many, considered experts in their field or area of interest, and want to connect with those who have similar interests or expertise. Attract these influencers by sharing their content. Once you are on their radar, they might pick up some of your content and messages, sharing them to an even larger and incredibly engaged network.
2 13 0
- Social Medias Impact on How the World Communicates Today (williamsandrewsheldon.wordpress.com)
- #SocialMedia (footstepstofashion.wordpress.com)
- Five powerful ways to increase your social impact with social media (theguardian.com)
- How Alcohol Adversely Impacts Social Media Usage [INFOGRAPHIC] (socialmediatoday.com)
- Social Media Agency fishbat Explains How to Increase Your Social Media… (prweb.com)
- How to Leverage Power Words for Social Media Writing Impact (maximizesocialbusiness.com)
- Social Media’s Impact On Recruitment (bizsugar.com)
- Exploring Social Media’s Impact on Culture (#icsm) (barbgibson2013.wordpress.com)
- Recognise and reward (meganbeech.wordpress.com)
- How Does A Player’s Brand Impact Social Media Marketing? (sportsnetworker.com)